Monday, May 4, 2009

Youth of the Church are Amazing!!

Youth conference was a blast. We went up to a ski resort and did some sledding and there was a ropes course. But the most fun were the games and dances. I have a problem when I´m with the youth...I think I´m one of them! We had so much fun. One of the activities was a type of treasure hunt where we had to find different clues and had different obstacles to do. The picture above is durring this activity. I was in charge of Group #9 which consisted of 16, 17 and 18 year olds...most of them I know really well because I´ve been with the youth about as long as they´ve been in young mens and young womens. We were definately the team with the most spirit and the LOUDEST...from one activity to another we would cheer or chant loudly "NUEVE. NUEVE. NUEVE...."
It´s probably a horrible thing to say, but it´s the truth...the moments that I´m with the youth are the moments that I´m the least homesick. They are so full of energy and love and as much fun as we all have together there are also those moments that you can really see the growth in their testimonies and the love they have for their Saviour. They are simply amazing and great examples to me. I love them so much!

No comments: