Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nice to know.

For those of you that don´t know, David and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years now...without any luck, obviously!! Here in Spain we have socialized medicine which in a lot of ways is really nice, all of my tests are free and I have a very nice doctor, but waiting lists are long. So about 2 years ago with my same doctor, but privately, we tried artificial insemination 3 times...also without any luck, obviously! Because of costs (and I just got sick of it all) I went back to my doctor to ask him to put us on the list for in vitro fertilization (the free kind) and then took a break from doctors and worrying about it.

In November of last year I got a letter notifying me that I would have my first appointment with a new fertility doctor in March of this year. It was a wait, but it was nice to know things were moving along. We went to my first appointment, which was basically a "get to know you" appointment and then made other appointments for tests etc. So, last week I went back to the doctor to get an ultrasound and results. What it comes down to is that unlike my sister-in-law and cousins that are totally "fertile Myrtles", I´m not! I won´t bore you with the gory details but I will say that it is nice to know there´s a "reason" why we haven´t gotten pregnant. Finally, the doctor told me that because of our situation we are able to be put on the "priority" list for in vitro which is nice....even though it´s still a waiting list of 6 to 12 months.

So, now you know....even if you didn´t want to!! But I have to say, for me, it really is nice to know!

*Side note for all my brothers (Nathan, Chris, Bobby and Jeff): If the in vitro works I do expect you all to come over to participate in the baby blessing. If you start now you´ve got a good year / year and a half to save your pennies!! Don´t say I didn´t warn you!!

5 comments:

Amanda&Wade said...

Oh yay! That is such a good thing to just KNOW! I will pray for you that you get in quick and that it all goes the way you want :) Love ya!!

Carrie said...

Oh, Cindi! I will be praying for you both! I know you will make the most wonderful mommy! And, I am so glad that now you know what is going on. It must be very frustrating, I couldn't even imagine. Keep us posted! Lots of loves!!

Ginn Family said...

I'm so glad things are moving forward! You will make a great mom, and we will be there for the blessing:)

Danielle and Fam said...

Can I come too??? I'm interested to know what the problem was and what the chances are that the in vitro will work?? I'm excited and I'll add u to my list of prayers. Luvs

TomLiz said...

Read your post,we are praying for you as well. Kinda know what you are going thru. Rachel is in a similar situation.Anyway hope things happen soon , and maybe Tom and I will join everyone else and come to Spain too!! Liz Lemke