Tuesday, November 4, 2008

David and his ego!

Last Friday David had his regular weekly meeting with all the "top dogs" of the company (head architect, developing manager etc.) and when they all went out for lunch they started talking about sports...they´re a bunch of middle-aged men, what else do they ever talk about?!?
So, David started talking about how he loves to play tennis and then the head architect (53 years old) said that he plays once or twice a week.....
To make a short story shorter - David will be playing his "in shape, I play tennis two times a week" head architect this Friday! Of course David the "I think I´m all powerful...and how could a 53 year old beat ME (even thought I´m 30lbs. overweight)", is loving the idea of proving his strength and ability to one of his "bosses" in front of all his other bosses....ALL the "top dogs" are going to go watch the match.
The loser will have to swallow his pride and buy breakfast for everyone!
David thinks he´s as tough as Number 1 Rafa Nadal...
...but he´s more like this poor guy!

Will the young out of shape ego maniac win? Or will it be the slightly older tennis playing veteran?
To be continued....

7 comments:

Ginn Family said...

HaHa, that's really funny. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Danielle and Fam said...

That's funny. David sounds like a funny person. I wish I new him better! I'm super glad you started a blog. For some strange reason I feel more connected to people this way. I love that you went all the way to the temple by yourself and spent days there! That sounds incredible. We live 5 minutes away and it feels like we only spend 5 minutes there. I'm going to try harder. Love ya girl!

CoachJGinn said...

PLEASE! PLEASE! Find a way to video tape the collapse of Barcelona's pride. Of, I wish i could fly out there for that...well and for a barca match :)

Christy said...

That is so funny! It also seems so likely - make sure you update as to the outcome.

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

I love it - get a picture!

Marcy said...

Hey Cindi! I was happy to find you on facebook, but even happier to read your blog (found you through Carrie). You are a funny writer and I can just hear your voice in your writing. It makes me miss you :(

Check out my family blog if you're bored. It's not too terribly exciting, but it's my life and we're all well and happy.

macfamilyfive.blogspot.com

Oh and I am so impressed with your Spain travels to get your "green card" holy cow! I'm going to meet up with Aaron in Vegas next week (he's there for work and I'm going without the kids!) and I'm a bit embarrased to admit that I'm nervous to travel alone! lol...but I'll be thinking of you and be brave. lol

Hugs my friend! xo

Shawna S said...

I can't wait for an update on how this turned out!