Monday, November 3, 2008

Follow up on the suegra...

The operation went well. Cristina and I had to take off the red nail polish Julia had on her toenails before the operation. Julia is such a happy person that after they rolled her out of the room it only took her 1 minute to find a friend and start up a conversation... while she was in the hall waiting for the elevator there was a young man also in a bed waiting to get operated on and they just talked and talked! And when she came out of the operation she came rolling into the room laughing and talking to the nurse (a hippy-looking kind of guy and super nice) about his peircings and what kind of peircings she should get!! It was funny. During the operation Cristina and I had a few hours to talk about life!! Especially about married life. It´s comforting to know that no matter how much you love your husband EVERYONE has those "not so happy moments" in their marriage!! We also talked about the good stuff...it´s not ALL negative! Unfortunately, I was unable to convince her to start trying to have kids NOW...I mean if I´m not going to have any of my own and all of my nieces and nephews are in the States, she could at least provide me cute baby neices and nephews over here...right? That´s not asking too much is it?!?!?
The rest of the weekend I stayed at Julias house I even MADE dinner one night and lunch one day...I do have to admit that on Saturday night we ordered Chinese!! It was really quite nice, she rested, we watch a bunch of girly movies, I cleaned up the kitchen and her wounds and gave her shots each night...and still have to go over each night to do it. The whole Rodríguez family HATES needles...it´s kind of funny actually, just the thought of having to give or have shots makes them all grossed out. For me, between my father the diabetic (I don´t even remember a time when he didn´t have to give himself shots) and the whole fertility non-sense (each time I do atificial insemination I have to give myself shots..David won´t do it OBVIOUSLY) it doesn´t bother me a bit. But Julia is basically back to normal. She still has a bit of a limp and she´ll go to the doctor on Wednesday to see how everything is going. All in all, I think I made some "good daughter-in-law" points with her!! It was a nice few days.


1 comment:

Christy said...

You are such a cutie! Your mother-in-law is lucky to have you. I miss you. It's fun to be able keep up by reading your blog. :) Love you!!